Visitors are now able to book unique Experiences led by Melbourne locals such as wildlife experts, restaurateurs, musicians and more. As part of its drive to deliver a global end-to-end travel platform, travellers and locals can now choose from more than 60 Melbourne-based activities or ‘Experiences’ designed and led by local experts. Experiences on offer in Melbourne include enjoying the tastes and aromas of neighbourhood food and coffee with a connoisseur, exploring the hidden laneways and street art in the heart of the city, or going hiking in search of a troop of kangaroos within a forest reserve.
To celebrate the launch, Airbnb teamed up with four celebrities who call Melbourne home, to offer exclusive, one-time Social Impact Experiences, with all proceeds going to the local charitable organisations they support. The organisations included: Moira Kelly Creating Hope Foundation (Jackie Gillies), Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation (Jarryd Roughead), Alannah & Madeline Foundation (Nadia Bartel) Streetsmart (Andrew McConnell). These Social Impact Experiences were snapped up within a matter of hours.
Highlights of the new Melbourne Experiences on offer include:
- Melbourne’s Best Cafes and Coffee Tour - find out why Melbourne’s cafes are considered the world’s best for coffee, food and design as you sample some of the city’s award-winning cafes and coffee roasters, including Higher Ground, Top Paddock, The Kettle Black, Square One Coffee Roasters and Market Lane.
- Ultimate Farmer’s Market & Picnic - Visit some of Melbourne’s best markets, talk directly to farmers, learn about their produce, farming practices and sample some of the fine foods.
- Vintage Clothes Shopping - Meet at the iconic Flinders Street Station before embarking on a walking tour through Melbourne’s best hidden vintage clothing shops, famous graffiti alleyways and European-style lanes.
- Kangaroos quest in Melbourne - Go hiking in search of a troop of kangaroos within a forest reserve in the middle of the city’s north-eastern suburbs.
- Insider’s Melbourne Music Scene - From the CBD’s laneway watering-holes to Fitzroy’s rock and jazz bars, Northcote’s acoustic, folk and gypsy flavours, and Brunswick’s pubs and warehouse parties, explore your musical tastes with a Melbourne insider.
To learn more about Airbnb Experiences or to sign up as a host visit: https://www.airbnb.com.au/experiences
This content can be shared and edited for the purpose of promoting Victoria as a visitor destination. Not for use in paid advertising. Please credit Visit Victoria.