Now in its 33rd year, the RACV Victorian Tourism Awards received 126 entries in 2017, with 73 winners achieving a score of 75 per cent or more determining them as winners. Of these winners, regional Victoria led the charge, receiving 70 of the 76 wins.
For the fourth time running, Sovereign Hill has added to their bounty, crowned the Gold winner in the Major Tourist Attractions category.
The 2017 Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix took out the award for Major Festivals and Events of the year.
The spotlight was on regional Victoria with three tourism operators claiming Hall Of Fame status for winning Gold in the same category for three consecutive years. The three operators include the Murray’s All Seasons Houseboats for the Unique Accommodation category, the Mornington Peninsula’s Harmony Bed and Breakfast for Hosted Accommodation and Peninsula Hot Springs for Ecotourism.
Other awards presented for 2017 included:
- Tourist Attractions: A Maze’N Things
- Ecotourism: Peninsula Hot Springs
- Major Tour and Transport Operators: SkyBus
- Tour and Transport Operators: Autopia Tours
- Adventure Tourism: Auswalk Walking Holidays
- Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services: Royal Mail Hotel
- Caravan and Holiday Parks: BIG4 Inverloch Holiday Park
- Unique Accommodation: All Seasons Houseboats
- Luxury Accommodation: Alkina Lodge
- New Tourism Business: Arthurs Seat Eagle
- Young Achievers Award: Paul Beames
Full listing of winners available on:
The winners will now compete on a national level at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards in Perth next year.
Ellana Katos | 03 8662 5205 | 0400 976 889 email@example.com
Anne Wright | 03 8662 5310 | 0423 883 945 firstname.lastname@example.org
This content can be shared and edited for the purpose of promoting Victoria as a visitor destination. Not for use in paid advertising. Please credit Visit Victoria.